Working with Standard Activity Features
Specify the required configuration elements to make the activity work. These configuration elements are available in the Properties view.
Each activity usually has two or more of the following tabs for specifying the characteristics of the activity:
- This tab is available for all activities. In addition to the name of the activity, it also sets other parameters such as questions about class name for Java activities, host name, and port number for mail activities, modifiers, mode, and activation settings.
- This tab is available for all activities. You can write down any information you need to preserve for the activity.
- This tab is available for query activities; used to define, validate, and execute a query.
- You can specify any advanced configuration parameters here.
- For activities that wait for incoming events, such as incoming TIBCO Enterprise Message Service™ messages, this tab specifies the timeout for the incoming event.
- Input Editor
- Used to edit an output element by adding a complex anonymous type, complex element, primitive element, and so on. Not all activities have this option enabled. For more details see Input and Output.
- Using the tab you can map and transform output data from the previous activities in the process (including the event that starts the process) to input data for Input the activity. For more details see Input and Output.
- Output Editor
- This tab is used to choose or configure the output header element. Not all activities have this option enabled. For more details see Input and Output.
- This tab displays the output of the activity’s data to the activities that follow in the process definition. For more details see Input and Output.
- Lists the activity faults or various exceptions that might occur with this activity.