Restrictions on XML Schema
This topic lists the restrictions on XML Schema.
- No wildcards or attribute wildcards. For example, any element and any attribute is not supported.
- Complex types may not contain both an attribute and a child element with the same local name.
- Complex types may not be of the pattern "simple type plus attributes".
- Complex types may not contain mixed content.
- Attributes that are not part of the default(empty) namespace, cannot be used for Complex Elements.
- The 'choice' and 'sequence' compositors may not have maxOccurs > 1 (same as the restriction on 'all' in the schema specification).
- Substitution groups are not supported.
- Element of simple type with an attribute is not supported.
- The elementFormDefault can only be qualified for schemas used by REST binding and JSON activities.
- Schemas should not contain cyclic dependencies on other schemas
- Schemas should not have a type that has two child members with the same local name, but different namespaces.