Displays a connected view of the TIBCO® Cloud Integration API Modeler residing in the cloud. This view shows abstract APIs that were created in API Modeler. You can also view the APIs residing on your local machine from the API Explorer.
When you open the TIBCO Business Studio™ for the very first time, you will need to enter your credentials for the registry site by opening the Settings dialog and double-clicking on the registry name and entering your username and password for the site in the resulting dialog. To open the Settings dialog click the () button on the upper right corner of the API Explorer view and click Settings. This will populate the API Explorer with the APIs that are available in the registry.
Adding a new registry to the API Explorer view
Use the Settings dialog in the API Explorer to add a new registry (location) from where you want to view the APIs. To open the Settings dialog click the () button on the upper right corner of the API Explorer view and click Settings.
By default, the Settings dialog is configured with a Cloud registry which is set to the URL for the API Modeler.
- Click the New button.
- Enter a name for the registry Name field.
- Select whether the registry will be pointing to a local folder on your machine (Local Folder) or to a URL in the cloud (Cloud).
- Provide the location of the registry in the URL field. If the registry points to a location on the cloud, you will need to provide the authentication details for it in the Username and Password text boxes.
- Click Finish.
- Click the name of the registry and click Edit.
- Make your edits to the entry. You can change the name of the registry, delete the registry configuration by clicking Remove, or changing the order in which the registries show up in the API Explorer by using the Up and Down button.
- Click Finish when you are done with your edits.
To select specific registries to display in the API Explorer view, select the checkbox next to the entry you want to display. You can also do so at a later time. See Filtering the APIs in the API Explorer View for details on how to do this.
Setting the presentation of the APIs in the API Explorer view:
- API Presentation - specifies how the APIs will appear in the API Explorer
Flat - displays the APIs as a flat list with each API's version number displayed next to its name in parenthesis. If there are multiple versions of the same API, each version will be shown as a separate API, hence multiple APIs with the same name but different version numbers.
Hierarchical - displays every API as a hierarchy of API name lable with version number folder under it and the actual API under the version folder. If there are multiple versions for an API, each version will be listed in its own separate folder under the API name label.
Latest Version - displays only the latest version of the API, even though there might be multiple versions available.
- Group by API registry - groups the APIs according to the registry from which they were discovered. You also have the option to display the URL of the APIs next to the registry name by selecting the Show API Registry URL check box.
Searching for APIs in API Explorer:
Use the search filter that appears at the bottom of the API Explorer view to search for API names that match the string that you enter in the Filter text box. You can search by typing in the version number, the full API name, or a full word within an API name. Wildcards is not supported. The search is case insensitive.
Filtering the APIs in the API Explorer view
If your APIs reside in multiple locations and you have set up the API registries in the Settings dialog of the API Modeler view, you can filter the APIs in API Modeler such that it shows you only the APIs available in a certain registry.