A policy is a set of constraints that you can define and apply in TIBCO Business Studio to manage and enforce cross-functional requirements within your TIBCO Cloud Integrationapplication such as security, monitoring, and compliance.
You can add policies to activities and bindings in a process to influence or alter actions in the process flow. For example, you can add a policy on an existing HTTP Receiver activity in your application to ensure that user credentials are authenticated, or verified as correct, before the message can continue moving through the process flow. Any request messages that cannot be authenticated are rejected, redirected, or handled in accordance to policy details.
The following policies are examples of policies provided in TIBCO Cloud Integration:
- Basic Authentication
- Validates the user name and password credentials stored in the HTTP header of REST, SOAP, or pure HTTP request messages.
- Basic Credential Mapping
- Automatically attaches appropriate credentials to request messages before they reach services.
- Web Services Security Provider (WSS Provider)
- Acts on the server side to ensure the security of a message by enforcing confidentiality, integrity, and time stamping.
- Web Services Security Consumer (WSS Consumer)
- Acts on the reference side to ensure the security of a message by enforcing confidentiality, integrity, and time stamping.