Working with Header Parameters
Header parameters are used for user-defined custom HTTP headers for a request, for example, the APIKey could be a HTTP Header parameter. Unlike query and path parameters, header parameters do not appear in the URL of the request, but if they exist in your API specification, they get passed into the request but are not visible to the user.
If you created your REST API from an imported Swagger file (for example, a Swagger file that was created in the API Modeler), the parameters will not be editable in TIBCO Business Studio™. You cannot modify existing parameters or create new ones. You can only view the parameters. Any custom header parameters you create, will be visible in the Data Source tab of the TIBCO Business Studio™ as follows:
- Click Components under the Module Descriptors to open the Component Configurations page.
- Double-click the process name (with the green chevron next to it) to open its properties in the Properties view.
- Click the Bindings tab.
- Click an operation name in the Operations section.
- Click the Request tab in the Operation Details section.
- Click the red icon () to add a header parameter. To edit the parameter name click on the newly created parameter's default name and type in a new name. Be aware that these buttons will be disabled if you are viewing operations for an API that was created outside the TIBCO Business Studio™ and imported into the TIBCO Business Studio™.
- You can also edit an existing header parameter to make it required or optional by clicking in the cell that corresponds to the parameter in the Required column. The value toggles from Yes to No or vice versa.
- To add a header parameter to the operation response, do so in the Response tab.